What is an Orthopedic Urgent Care Center?
Orthopedic urgent care centers are the newest type of urgent care clinic. Unlike emergency rooms or other types of urgent care clinics, we specialize in and only see orthopedic injuries. Patients who sustain an orthopedic injury and go to an orthopedic urgent care clinic can expect to save time, money, and frustrations.
Who Works at an Orthopedic Urgent Care?
These facilities can be staffed by orthopedic medical personnel, including but not limited to: an Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Specialists, Primary Care Physicians, Physicians Assistants, Medical Assistants. Patients who have their injuries seen here can be assured that they are receiving the best medical service available.
What Types of Injuries Can Be Seen at an Orthopedic Urgent Care?
Orthopedic injuries that do not involve an open fracture, which is a fracture that breaks the skin, or do not occur because of a traumatic accident can be seen in our Wall, NJ office. The most common types of injuries seen include the following:
- Ankle sprains and fractures. These injuries may occur while running, jumping, or stepping down from a high surface. Most ankle sprains and fractures occur when the ankle is inverted (the soles of the feet turn inward).
- Wrist sprains and fractures. Injuries that usually occur due to a fall on an outstretched arm. Wrist sprains and fractures can be accurately diagnosed using a physical examination and x-rays.
- Knee ligament sprains and tears. Sports or physical activities that involve running and changing directions can cause knee ligament sprains and tears. These injuries can be quickly diagnosed and treated at an orthopedic urgent care clinic.
- Hand fractures. The five bones of the hand can fracture when a patient falls on their hand or punches a solid object. Pain, swelling, and bruising are usually associated with hand fractures.
- Shoulder injuries. Shoulder injuries that do not involve a complete dislocation or severe fracture can be seen and treated at an orthopedic urgent care clinic.
The benefits of having these types of injuries seen at an orthopedic urgent care clinic include less waiting time, specialized care, and the easy scheduling of follow up appointments.
How do I choose an Orthopedic Urgent Care Center?
You should always choose an orthopedic urgent care that has great orthopedic specialists, flexible hours, and a convenient location. Our Orthopedic Urgent Care in Wall, NJ meets all three of these criteria. Our team is led by the renowned Orthopedic Specialists at the Orthopaedic Institute of Central Jersey and offers on-site MRI and X-Ray. We also have extended evening and weekend hours – with no appointment needed. When you choose our center, you can expect to receive orthopedic care that leads to a quick and full recovery!